Apple today (July 25, 2012) announced that OS X Mountain Lion, the ninth major release of the world’s most advanced desktop operating system, is available as a download from the Mac App Store.
With more than 200 innovative new features, Mountain Lion includes iCloud integration, the all new Messages app, Notification Center, system-wide Sharing, Facebook integration, Dictation, AirPlay Mirroring and Game Center. Mountain Lion is available as an upgrade from Lion or Snow Leopard.
Its feature to map MAC addresses back to IP is quite useful. Unfortunately, that only works for machines which answer broadcast pings, i.e. Not for windows machines:-(Check out arping-scan-net.sh, included in arping. It scans an IP network for a certain MAC address. It's only needed for those that don't answer broadcast pings (also.
“People are going to love the new features in Mountain Lion and how easy it is to download and install from the Mac App Store,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing.
“With iCloud integration, Mountain Lion is even easier to set up, and your important information stays up to date across all your devices so you can keep editing documents, taking notes, creating reminders, and continue conversations whether you started on a Mac, iPhone or iPad.”
With more than 200 innovative new features, Mountain Lion includes:
- iCloud integration, for easy set up of your Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Messages, Reminders and Notes, and keeping everything, including iWork documents, up to date across all your devices.
- the all new Messages app, which replaces iChat and brings iMessage™ to the Mac, so you can send messages to anyone with an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or another Mac.
- Notification Center, which streamlines the presentation of notifications and provides easy access to alerts from Mail, Calendar, Messages, Reminders, system updates and third party apps.
- system-wide Sharing, to make it easy to share links, photos, videos and other files quickly without having to switch to another app, and you just need to sign in once to use third-party services like Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and Vimeo.
- Facebook integration, so you can post photos, links and comments with locations right from your apps, automatically add your Facebook friends to your Contacts, and even update your Facebook status from within Notification Center.
- Dictation, which allows you to dictate text anywhere you can type, whether you are using an app from Apple or a third party developer.
- AirPlay Mirroring, an easy way to wirelessly send an up-to-1080p secure stream of what’s on your Mac to an HDTV using Apple TV, or send audio to a receiver or speakers that use AirPlay.
- Game Center, which brings the popular social gaming network from iOS to the Mac so you can enjoy live, multiplayer games with friends whether they’re on a Mac, iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
Additional features in Mountain Lion include the revolutionary new Gatekeeper, which makes downloading software from the Internet safer; Power Nap, which automatically updates your apps and system while your Mac is asleep; and a faster Safari browser.
New features for China include significantly improved text input, a new Chinese Dictionary, easy setup with popular email providers, Baidu search in Safari, and built-in sharing to Sina Weibo and popular video websites Youku and Tudou.
OS X Mountain Lion is available from the Mac App Store. Mountain Lion requires Lion or Snow Leopard (OS X v10.6.8 or later), 2GB of memory and 8GB of available space.
Arping Mac Os X Download Dmg
OS X Server requires Mountain Lion and is available from the Mac App Store for $19.99 (US).
The OS X Mountain Lion Up-to-Date upgrade is available at no additional charge from the Mac App Store to all customers who purchased a qualifying new Mac system from Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller on or after June 11, 2012.
- iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)
- MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer)
- MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)
- Xserve (Early 2009)
- MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)
- Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer)
- Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)
Download Mountain Lion
This is an official OS X Mountain Lion Installer from Apple, It can be used to Reinstall or Upgrade to Mountain Lion on a Mac.
If you are looking to Install Mountain Lion on PC view Hackintosh Mountain Lion Guide.
- Adds the ability to passcode-protect notes containing personal data in Notes
- Adds the ability to sort notes alphabetically, by date created, or date modified in Notes
- Adds the ability to import Evernote files into Notes
- Adds support for sharing Live Photos between iOS and OS X via AirDrop and Messages
- Addresses an issue that may cause RAW images to open slowly in Photos
- Adds the ability for iBooks to store PDFs in iCloud, making them available across all your devices
- Fixes an issue that prevented loading Twitter t.co links in Safari
- Fixes an issue that prevented the VIPs mailbox from working with Gmail accounts
- Fixes an issue that caused USB audio devices to disconnect
- Improves the compatibility and reliability of Apple USB-C Multiport Adapters
Make the most of your screen with Split View.
- Focus on two apps at once – neatly arranged side by side — in full screen without distractions.
Take control of your desktop with Mission Control.
- View all your open windows in a single layer with no overlap, so you can instantly find that window you’re looking for.
- Create a new desktop space easily by dragging a window to the top of your screen.
Smarter search in Spotlight.
- Search for weather, stocks, sports, web video, and transit information right in Spotlight.
- Use your own words to search for files on your Mac, like “Documents I edited yesterday.”
- Resize the Spotlight window and move it anywhere on the screen.
Handy improvements in Mail.
- Use your trackpad to manage your inbox with a swipe, just like on iPhone. Swipe right to mark as read or unread, or swipe left to delete.
- Mail automatically suggests contacts and events from your messages to help you keep your Contacts and Calendar organized.
- An improved full-screen view lets you switch between your inbox and your draft email messages.
A simple and powerful all-new Notes app.
- Format your notes with titles, paragraph headings, bullets, numbers, and checklists.
- Save rich content like photos, videos, documents, PDFs, web links, and map locations.
- Easily search and browse the content from all your notes in the Attachments Browser.
- Add content to a note directly from other OS X apps using the Share menu.
- Create notes on your Mac and they’ll automatically sync to your iOS devices using iCloud.
New ways to organize and enhance your images in Photos.
- Photos automatically organizes your library and helps you edit like a pro with simple and powerful editing tools.
- Access your library on all your devices with iCloud Photo Library.
- Add or edit location data, and batch change titles, descriptions, and keywords.
- Sort your albums and the photos in them by date, title, and more.
- Use third-party editing extensions to take your photo editing to the next level.
Better surfing in Safari.
- Keep your favorite websites open, up to date, and easily accessible with Pinned Sites.
- Choose a font and theme for Reader, including Sepia and Night themes.
- Mute web page audio from the Smart Search field.
Maps, now with Transit view.
- See transit lines and stations for select cities, including subway, train, bus, and ferry routes.
- Plan your trip based on when you want to leave or arrive.
- Research your trip on your Mac and share it to your iPhone or iPad for use on the go.
- Designed for Retina displays, beautiful system font San Francisco is crisp, clear and space efficient.
- PingFang (苹方), the new Chinese system font, is designed for crisp readability in both Simplified and Traditional Chinese.
- Hiragana Sans, the Japanese system font, now features additional weights.
- Four new Japanese fonts let you add a personal touch to documents and presentations.
Improved input methods for Chinese and Japanese.
- Type Chinese more quickly with an improved character prediction engine and a smarter candidate window.
- Write multiple Chinese characters using the trackpad and the new, roomier Trackpad window.
- Live conversion automatically transforms Hiragana into written Japanese as you type.
Faster graphics with Metal.
- Enjoy faster, more efficient system-level graphics rendering.
- Experience a richer, more immersive gaming experience.
- Create content more quickly with accelerated high-performance apps.
Snappier performance for everyday tasks.
- Launch apps and switch between them more quickly.
- Access email and render PDFs more quickly.