Jun 30, 2020.
2.28.0 Release Notes (2020-07-27) Download Source Code GUI Clients Git comes with built-in GUI tools ( git-gui, gitk ), but there are several third-party tools for users looking for a platform-specific experience. Oct 26, 2017.
Windows 10 is the latest Operating System and in order to improve its features and functionalities, Microsoft keeps on working on it and releases the new features through Windows Updates. It will be easy to simply check for the Windows Updates from the Settings window and install the detected Updates. Sometimes, due to some issues in the computer, the Settings window and most of the options might not work as expected. You can also check and install Windows Updates from command prompt.
RECOMMENDED: Fix this issue in 3 simple steps. Takes only 2 minutes.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
But you know that, installing the updates in the computer might fix the issues and get the computer work properly. Also, installing the Windows Updates in the computer will increase the System Security and protect you from the virus infections. In that situation, you still have an option to install the updates in the computer using the Command Prompt or the Windows Powershell inbuilt options.
Quick Note: Before making any changes in the computer, we suggest you create a System Restore Point, so that you can restore back your computer to previous working state if something goes wrong.
Windows Updates from Command prompt can be installed in 2 different ways. They are;
- Installing Updates using Windows Powershell.
- Installing Updates using Command Prompt.
Let us see the commands used for each procedure and learn how to install the updates from command prompt in Windows 10 computers.
Install Windows Updates using Windows Powershell:
To run Windows Updates in the Powershell, get the Updates downloaded and installed, you need to manually install Windows Update Module in the computer.
- To install Windows Update Module, type Powershell in the Windows search bar, right click on Windows Powershell and select the option Run as Administrator.
2. On the Windows Powershell screen, type the below command and press enter to install the Windows Update module.
3. After that, to connect to the Windows Update servers and download the updates if found, type the below command and hit enter.
4. To install the updates downloaded on your computer, type the below command and press enter.
Windows Updates will get installed on your computer successfully.
Install Windows Updates using Command Prompt:
You can use Command Prompt to install Windows Updates in the computer. The only limitation running the Updates using the command prompt is that it won’t show any progress. At the end it will show only the result.
Follow the below steps to install the Updates using command prompt.
Download Mac Update Command Line Installer
- In the Windows search bar, type cmd. Right click on Command Prompt and select the option Run as Administrator.
- To check for new Updates, type the below command and press enter.
3. To install the new updates, type the below command and press enter.
4. It will be better to check and install the updates at the same time as the command prompt does not show any progress of the updates. To do that, type the below command and hit enter.
wuauclt /detectnow /updatenow
The above-mentioned command will work in all versions of Windows including Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. But if you are using Windows 10 or Windows Server 2016, you can use UsoClient command which has more options than wuauclt.
You can use the UsoClient commands as below:
Download Mac Update Command Line Download
To start checking for the updates – UsoClient StartScan
Start downloading Updates – UsoClient StartDownload
Installing the downloaded updates – UsoClient StartInstall
Restart the device after installing the updates – UsoClient RestartDevice
Check, download and install updates – UsoClient ScanInstallWait
Hope this guide helps you to install the Windows Updates in the computer from the Command Prompt or the Windows Powershell inbuilt features. For any further support, leave comments or ask more on our Forum.