If you are looking for a free Mac PDF editor so you can add or change text in a PDF, add your signature, add comments, redact information, or just to combine lots of PDFs, rotate pages, reduce the. Explore the world of Mac. Check out MacBook Pro, iMac Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, and more. Visit the Apple site to learn, buy, and get support.
2020-09-10 17:50:36 • Filed to: Choose Right Mac Software • Proven solutions
The PDF format is designed for sharing data. What makes PDF files so special is that they can be protected. PDF is now the standard document format for business. However, many people still want to edit documents using more familiar programs like Office or other software, which can be a problem with PDFs. That is why many people feel the need to convert PDF files, and are seeking the best PDF converter for Mac. In this article, we review, research, and list the top 14 PDF converters for Mac.
12 Best PDF Converter Tools for macOS (Including Catalina)
One of the best PDF converter for Mac is PDFelement. It helps you maximize your productivity and is trusted by more than 350,000 business professionals worldwide.
Some of the benefits include flexible volume licensing options, special discounts for education and non-profit organizations, and reliable tech support that is dedicated to provide assistance 24x7. Also it supports the latest macOS 10.15 Catalina. PDFelement comes with a number of features that are specially designed to simplify your tasks. The Pro version comes with even more PDF editing tools, including OCR technology, and batch processing capabilities. It also includes text/image redaction, and some advanced form creation tools.
Benefits of using PDFelement:
- It includes a straightforward menu and easy access for modification. You can manage pages easily.
- PDF conversion for Mac for almost all MS Office applications.
- Fast conversion process with almost 100 pages per minute conversion rate.
- A similar editing experience to Microsoft Word.
- Protection with password and signatures to secure your PDF files.
- Allows for e-signatures and password encryption of files.
- Includes a clean interface and numerous support options that will make the software extremely easy to learn and use.
2. Adobe® Acrobat® DC Pro
Adobe was a founder of the PDF format, and it is the best PDF converter for Mac. Adobe® Acrobat® DC Pro comes with a touch-enabled interface, and a new document cloud online service that gives you access to files through mobile apps and web browser.
The new version might be simple to understand, but the subscription service is more complicated. Basically, if you have an existing Creative Cloud subscription, you will get the DC at no extra charge. You can buy the subscription, and there is a Perpetual licensing option.
- It includes many advanced features.
- Creating and merging PDFs has never been easier.
- You can remove or add pages to an existing PDF.
- The list window that pops up when you open the program or close a PDF can be frustrating.
- OCR starts up automatically, even if you do not want to perform OCR on your file.
- You cannot replace an image in Edit PDF mode to appear on the same spot and location.
- The Adobe customer support is disappointing.
Price: $155.88 per year for Standard, or $179.88 per year for Pro
Get the best Adobe Acrobat DC Pro alternative at a much lower price:
3. Adobe® Acrobat® XI Pro for Mac
Adobe® Acrobat® XI is anothor PDF converter for Mac from Adobe, but it has been ended support. This means that the company will no longer provide security updates or bug fixes. Because of this, Adobe Acrobat Pro XI can feel a bit outdated, since it's now become much more than just a PDF conversion tool. Click here to choose the best alternatives to Adobe Acrobat.
- It has great merging abilities, with the ability to preview most documents and rearrange them.
- Adobe Acrobat Pro XI allows you to create digital signatures.
- The price is very high compared to other options.
- The Adobe customer support is not ideal.
Price: £453, Upgrade from £194
4. Nuance PDF Converter for Mac
Nuance PDF Converter for Mac provides a host of affordable features regarding PDF conversion for Mac users. This PDF Converter for Mac is designed for increased productivity and effortless conversion of various formats into PDF. Also it is embedded with lots of other practical features for paperless work.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Office documents which will fully supported by iWork.
- Also enables PDF conversions to editable format using OCR.
- Allows editing and sharing of PDF documents in secure environment.
- Does not offer innovative editing options.
5. PDF Expert
This is one of the fastest PDF converter for Mac on the market. However, PDF Expert is not overloaded with features, even though it can easily get the job done. You can search for something with just one click without having to dig through a ton of features. This program is excellent for syncing PDF with Dropbox and other cloud services. You can even store files offline. It's nearly perfect as a PDF program, but one of its biggest flaw is the lack of a conversion feature.
- It comes at a relatively cheap price when compared to other products.
- Has all the basic features you need on a simple interface.
- Includes indexing for faster and easier searching.
- Lack of a conversion feature.
- Using Apple Pencil is not as sleek as some would like it to be. You need an extra step (screen tap) for the app to recognize you want to draw or write.
Get the best PDF Expert alternative with the same features:
6. Foxit Phantom
Foxit Phantom PDF is a great PDF conversion software that can handle multiple languages. Foxit Phantom PDF lets you edit, annotate, and convert PDFs. The familiar interface makes it easy for people to learn how to use it. And because of its multilingual capabilities, Foxit is perfect for international businesses.
- Has a wide palette of editing features available.
- You can combine multiple PDF documents into one and rearrange the pages.
- There is a bit of a learning curve.
- The support has a slow response time.
- Lack of comprehensive support network.
- You must download a module for OCR technology.
Price: $9 per month or $139 one time
7. Preview for Mac
This is the PDF converter Apple has installed in the macOS as a default application. With Preview, you can edit and view images in addition to PDF files. It is a basic PDF editor, but has much more advanced features. For example, you can also use the program to digitally sign documents and add and edit hyperlinks in a PDF file. One of the unique features is the ability to sign documents with your webcam.
- Preview is extremely quick. Compared with other PDF editors, Preview will get the job done faster.
- The ability to fill out forms is impressive.
- The webcam signing process is very good. You can sign a piece of paper, hold it up to the webcam, and it will turn into a high quality signature you can use for any form.
- You can save multiple signatures.
- Only supports converting from PDF to image files like PNG and TIFF, but not Office File and so on.
- There is no option to sign documents with your trackpad.
- Lack of advanced features like OCR technology.
8. deskUNPDF for Mac
deskUNPDF for Mac is an extremely user-friendly free PDF Converter for Mac OS X, which employs a host of state-of-the-art techniques to convert PDF documents with reliability and accuracy. It lets you read, edit, and convert PDF files, plus more.
- Converts PDF file formats into MS Office extensions e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- The OCR technology is incorporated.
- Enables conversion of many PDF files at the same time.
- Enables conversion of PDF documents to plain text documents.
- May give you some strange formatting results.
9. Enolsoft PDF to Text for Mac
Enolsoft PDF to Text for Mac is a powerful Mac PDF Converter which allows the users to convert PDF documents into Word, Excel, PPT, Epub, Image etc. This Mac PDF Converter uses OCR technology to transform scanned PDF documents into editable text files, thus saving you from manually having to type in the text again.
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) is used for accurate transformation of scanned PDF documents to Word, Excel, PPT, Epub, Image etc.
- Quick conversion of PDF pages into text documents.
- Option of selecting page range within PDF document for conversion.
- Allows batch conversion of PDF documents.
- Cannot edit PDF documents.
- Does not support the abilitiy to preview PDF documents before converting.
10. Solid PDF Converter
The main focus of this program is on bulky conversions. Solid PDF Converter can convert the PDF files in batches from one format to another. It is considered a very powerful PDF converter for macOS.
- Ideal for batch conversions
- User friendly Interface
- There aren't many options to manage PDF files.
11. Aiseesoft Mac PDF Converter Ultimate
Using Aiseesoft Mac PDF Converter Ultimate, you can convert PDF files into Text, Word, Excel, ePub, and HTML documents. It also provides a scanning option which converts scanned images into PDF files.
- Has quick conversions using batch processing
- Scanned images can be saved as PDF files
- Fully compatible with Mac systems
Pdf For Mac Free Download
- A free version is not available
12. Able2Extract PDF Converter
This software can convert PDFs to Word, Excel, and PPT formats. It is fully compatible with all Mac systems. It is easy to use and manage PDF files using this application. It is also available for Windows.
- Compatible with Mac
- Is a quick and easy way to convert PDFs into Word files
- Limited output formats
How to Use One of the Best PDF Converter for Mac
Step 1. Open Your PDF in the Program
First, download the latest version of PDFelement on your Mac and launch the program. Click on the 'Open File' button and browse to select the file you want to convert into other formats.
Step 2. Edit PDF per Your Needs (Optional)
There are many options to edit text and images in PDFelement. Simply click the 'Text' button on the left toolbar and then select the text or the image that you want to edit and double tap on it. You can also add text and images into the PDF file.
To make changes to pages, go to the right side column and click the 'Organize Pages' option for editing PDF pages.
Step 3. Change PDF into Other Format
Converting a PDF file is an easy task with PDFelement. Once you have finished editing your PDF file, click on the 'File' > 'Export To' button and select the format you need.
Tips: If a batch of files needs to be converted, try PDFelement. Then you can click on 'Tool' > 'Batch Process' on the home page. Add the files you want to convert in the pop-up dialog box. Once you are done with that, click on the 'Apply' button to start the process.
Download Nitro Pdf Pro For Mac
Free Download or Buy PDFelement right now!
Free Download or Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
Sep 28,2020 • Filed to: Mac Tutorials'What is the best free PDF Editor for Mac?'
Here we've compiled the top 5 PDF editor Mac tools to work with your PDFs efficiently. We've found the best 5 free PDF editor for Mac to help you modify your files, including tools like PDFelement Pro for Mac.
Choose Your Best PDF Editor for Mac
1. PDFelement Pro-Clean and Powerful PDF Editor
PDFelement Pro is one of the best programs for all solutions to edit PDF files on Mac. With this tool, you can edit, add, modify, and delete texts, graphics, and images in PDF format. You can also convert your PDF files to Word, Excel, EPUB, Images, and more formats. You can annotate and mark all the screen content with a variety of markup and annotation tools. It allows you to fill out your existing PDF forms, creates PDFs, and extract data from PDFs forms. The advanced OCR feature helps you to edit and convert scanned PDF and remove data from scanned PDF.
Adobe® Acrobat® DC Mac
|OS Compatibility||Mac, iOS, Windows and Android||Mac||Mac, iOS, Windows and Android|
|Price||from $79 / perpetual||$79.99 / perpetual||$180 / year|
|Simple User Interface|
|Convert PDF||Microsoft Office files, Pages, ePub and image formats||Microsoft Office files and image formats|
|PDF Forms||Create and fill out||Create and fill out||Create and fill out|
|Customer Support||Free one-to-one Support and online help center||Online help center||Sledom get time resoponse|
2. PDF Expert - Beautiful and Robust PDF editor
PDF Expert by Readdle is a start product in the Mac App Store. It has been rewarded as 'Editors' Choice,' 'App of the Year' and 'Top 1 Paid App'. It provides advanced reading experience on Mac. The cool thing is that you can compare two PDF files in the 'split view mode.' You can also mark up while reading. PDF Expert also provides tools to combine PDFs. Add, remove, extract, rotate, copy, and reorder pages to make your PDF files' best arrangement. Fill out PDF forms and sign electronically.
3. Adobe® Acrobat® DC Mac - Powerful but Expensive Choice
As the leading brand in the PDF industry, the PDF editor of Adobe® Acrobat® is no doubt with reliable quality. From the product interface, we can see, it has a wide range of toolset. You can edit, comment, fill&sign, convert, combine, and secure PDFs. With the help of Action Wizard, Pro users can customize an action and run it so that you can deal with piles of PDFs with the same story. It is also integrated with Adobe Sign. If you have an Adobe suite already and enough budget, then Acrobat DC is a better choice.
4. Foxit PhantomPDF Mac - New Product by Old Brand
Foxit published PhantomPDF Mac in recent years. Been dedicated to Windows solution of PDF for years, it's Mac version deserves a trial. This PDF editor mac allows you to edit text, convert, annotate, compress, OCR, and sign PDFs. You can also fill out forms and protect PDFs with a password.
5. PDFpen Pro
PDFpen Pro is an all-purpose PDF editor for mac. You can edit, mark up, OCR, and protect PDF and create PDF forms. Edit text and images, annotate PDFs with the highlight, notes, and hand-drawings. OCR scanned PDFs into editable text. There's also a redaction option that can black out your sensitive information.
Three Light-weighted PDF Editing Software for Mac
6. Preview - Mac Built-in Markup Tool
Preview is a light-weighted PDF annotation tool, which is built-in on Mac. You can add text, notes, shapes, and highlighting to jot down your thoughts and compress, convert and combine PDFs. It also allows you to organize pages like add, delete, and move. To protect your PDF documents, you can add a password. However, it has fewer features compared with professional pdf editors on Mac. It doesn't support batch process and OCR. The most important is that it can't edit existing text in a PDF. Therefore, it's the only suitable for those who only want to mark up PDF files. If you are looking for PDF editing software on Mac, it is not your choice.
7. Adobe Reader DC
Adobe Reader DC is a free PDF reader on Mac. As its name conveys, it only allows you to view, comment, and sign PDFs. If you want to enjoy the editing feature, you need to upgrade to Adobe Acrobat DC.
8. FineReader Pro for Mac
FineReader Pro for Mac is an OCR product from ABBYY, a leading company in the OCR area. The highlight of the program is converting scanned PDFs with great accuracy. If you often deal with scanned files, then FineReader Pro for Mac is your best Choice. You can convert those documents into editable formats like docx, xlsx, pptx, and more.
Two Minority Free PDF Editors Mac
9. PDF Editor Mac
PDF Editor Mac is a free pdf editor mac from the individual developer. Although it may not have a beautiful interface and is not intuitive, it has the standard features for light users. You can edit, rotate and annotate PDF documents.
This software is a free PDF annotation and reader for Mac that allows you to make several modifications. It lets you perform tasks such as highlighting, underlining and adding sticky notes to better view PDFs.