What Should do Before Upgrading MacOS?
Oct 09, 2019.
Although the every new macOS upgrade comes with certain exciting features, you need to know if your Mac computer can safely be updated (take Big Sur as an example). If you pay no attention to the details, macOS Big Sur update problems come with you for sure, probably your Mac update stuck or Mac failed update won't boot. Here are some of the things that you should look for before you upgrade to the new update.
- Global Nav Open Menu Global Nav Close Menu; Apple; Shopping Bag +. Search Support.
- Some Mac users say that they can't download programs from other website except Mac App Store, or they may can't be opened the download file. When they click on the download file, it says 'xxx can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer'.For example.
1.Check compatibility. Big Sur requires any of the following Mac models: iMac; MacBook Pro; MacBook Air; MacBook; Mac Pro; Mac Mini
2.Check minimum software and hardware requirements. You should have OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 or later. It requires at least 2GB of memory and 14.3GB of storage space to perform the Big Sur upgrade.
3.Backup your Mac. To avoid any possible macOS Big Sur update problems, making a backup of your Mac comes essential. You can backup Mac with Time Backup Machine, iCloud, iTunes, or any other third-party Mac backup tools like MacX MediaTrans.
Adobe recommends that users update to the latest version to take advantage of security and stability improvements. Updates can be installed as described below.
For information about the latest version, see the Release Notes.
To install Adobe Reader and Acrobat updates from Adobe Updater, do the following:
Mac Can't Download Update
- Launch Adobe Reader or Acrobat.
- Choose Help > Check for Updates.
- Follow the steps in the Updater window to download and install the latest updates.
- Open Reader and choose Help > About Adobe Reader. Note your product version.
- Go to the Adobe Reader Downloads page. The web page automatically detects your OS and Reader version.
- If the web page indicates that a newer version is available, choose Install Now.
- Click the downloaded file and follow the instructions.
Mac Can't Download Updates
Updating Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat manually
Installers for all supported products also appear on the product download pages (except for the full Acrobat). You can download and manually install these products as follows:
- Open the product.
- Choose Help > About Acrobat or Adobe Reader.
- Note the version.
- Close the product.
- If you do not have the latest version installed, download the needed installer from the following locations:
- Adobe Acrobat updates for Windows
- Adobe Acrobat updates for Mac OS
I Can't Update My Mac
- Click the installer to start the installation process.