With every major OS update come cosmetic changes ranging from subtle alterations to the appearance of UI elements to a complete overhaul of the design language. One thing that remains a constant, however, is the introduction of new stock wallpapers. macOS 10.14 Mojave continues that timeless tradition, but with a slight twist. The default desktop background that comes packed with the latest iteration of macOS changes to match the time of day, and for a shot of a lone sand dune somewhere in the Mojave desert, boy does it look elegant.
- Free Mac Wallpaper Downloads Hd
- Mac Dynamic Wallpaper Free Download Windows 7
- Mac Dynamic Desktop Download
- Mac Dynamic Wallpaper Free Downloads
- Free Wallpapers For Mac Desktop
If you agree, and are hoping there’s a way to port the dynamic wallpaper over to your Windows desktop, you’ll be pleased to know that there is more than one way this can be done.
Have a Mac running macOS Mojave? Leverage Dynamic Desktops and use the Dynamic Wallpaper Club service to download and create Dynamic Wallpapers. Download Free Dynamic Wallpapers for macOS Mojave and Catalina. Dynamic Wallpapers for macOS Catalina With LOVE for FREE. Earth 121 MB. Real Earth photos. El Capitan stock wallpapers 4k and mac dedault hd wallpapers for os sierra. 5k OSX wallpapers 8k. Best gallery download free.
Note that each solution has its own set of benefits and shortcomings, though there is a clear winner when it comes to cloning the default macOS Mojave offering. Let’s start with that one, shall we?
Update: WinDynamicDesktop added.
Free Mac Wallpaper Downloads Hd
While we have three solutions to explore here, WinDynamicDesktop is, hands down, the most accurate of the lot. Its author describes it as a port of the macOS Mojave dynamic wallpaper feature and it does a wonderful job emulating it. Here’s how to download and set it up.
1. Download the WinDynamicDesktop EXE file from the link below and run it.
Download WinDynamicDesktop [Microsoft Store]
2. You will now be asked to specify your location. Enter the name of your city and hit OK.
3. From the window that follows, select a theme of choice. The application comes packed with the default macOS Mojave Desert theme as well as an extra theme featuring a collection of Solar Gradients. Hit OK.
Note: You may also enable Dark Mode if you’d rather only have the application switch between the darker wallpapers in each collection.
4. The application will now begin running in the background, automatically changing the wallpaper to match the time of day. Click its system tray icon and select Options > Start when Windows boots so you don’t have to launch the application every time you restart. You can use the same menu to have the application change Windows accents based on the current wallpaper, switch between themes, or change locations.
Using Wallpaper Change Scheduler
1. Download the macOS Mojave wallpaper pack and unzip the archive to a location of choice.
2. Download the free Wallpaper Change Scheduler application from the following link. The app allows you to create events that automatically change your wallpaper following a trigger of choice, such as time of day.
3. Launch the downloaded EXE file, and hit the Create and Run button. This will allow the app to create a shortcut in the Startup folder, which it requires to begin running automatically when Windows starts up.
4. Once that is done, you can begin creating your dynamic wallpaper. Click Add Event.
5. For the first event, you may want to set the time to 1200 hours and the image to mojave_dynamic_7 from the downloaded pack.
Note: If you’d like to include all 16 wallpapers in the pack, you will have to create 16 events 1.5 hours (an hour and 30 minutes) apart.
6. Set the Trigger option to Daily and the Wallpaper Style to Fit. Set a name for the event, hit Create and repeat the process for the next event.
The benefit of using this app is that it will always display the wallpaper you linked to a particular time of day, instead of simply moving through the pack like a slideshow. It still won’t be as accurate as the real thing as it won’t automatically adjust itself to cater for the changing length of days in your region, there are no smooth transition to be had, and yes, it does take a bit of time to set up.
If you don’t care all that much about the wallpaper matching the time of day, the second solution may be more your speed.
Using Windows 10 Settings
1. Download the macOS Mojave wallpaper pack and unzip the archive to a location of choice.
2. Right-click an empty space on the desktop and select Personalize.
3. From the Background dropdown, select Slideshow, then select the unzipped folder containing the Mojave wallpapers.
4. Set the Change picture every frequency to 1 hour.
The desktop slideshow offers smooth transitions, but wallpapers are not linked to specific times of day. Every time you start your PC up, the slideshow will simply resume from the last wallpaper in its queue. If that is important to you, the first solution is your best bet.
Did this guide help you? Show us some love by following us on Facebook and Twitter for instant social media updates from our website! You can also find us on YouTube.
Wallpapers are the most basic customization an operating system can allow. Even iOS allows changing wallpapers, that’s how basic it is. On a Windows 10 device, Wallpapers are pretty much the only thing you can change in terms of how things look, apart from the accent color. Of course, if you’re willing to risk it you can change a whole lot more than just wallpapers and accent colors. I don’t know about you but I change my wallpapers quite frequently. If you’re the same, it might be a struggle to find new wallpapers as often. Here are 5 wallpaper apps for Windows 10 that’ll fulfill all your wallpaper needs, hopefully.
Wallpapers will help you customize your desktop but if you want to customize the taskbar too, here are some cool Windows 10 taskbar tips and tricks that you should try.
1. 9Zen Wallpaper Changer
9Zen Wallpaper Changer, previously known as Brilli Wallpaper Changer, is arguably the most feature-rich wallpaper app available on the Microsoft Store. Most apps offer wallpaper from a single source such as Bing, or Unsplash. 9Zen offers you wallpapers from various sources, including Bing.
You can set a region for Bing daily images and also set them as your desktop and lock screen wallpaper so that you have a new wallpaper every day. You can also create a collection of your favorite wallpapers, change the time interval at which wallpapers change, etc. It’s a free app but it is ad-supported and only allows 2 collections each with 30 wallpapers. If you want more you’ll need to buy the full version for at least $2.99.
2. Dinamic Wallpaper for Windows 10
Like 9Zen, Dinamic Wallpaper brings you wallpapers from a variety of different sources which include Bing, 500px Pulse, 500px Macro and NASA Astronomy. You can also add your own local collection to the app. Also, like 9Zen, it allows you to select your region for the Bing Daily wallpaper.
Mac Dynamic Wallpaper Free Download Windows 7
The app automatically changes your desktop and/or lockscreen wallpaper but you cannot select an interval manually. It can also automatically download and save an applied wallpaper to your PC. The app is free, mostly, but you’ll have to pay for access to some parts of it.
Before you proceed to the next wallpaper app, here is how you can hide files and folders on your Windows 10 PC.
3. Dynamic Theme Wallpaper App
Dynamic Theme is a must-have Windows 10 app especially if you frequently change wallpapers. Even though the name suggests it changes more than just Wallpapers, it doesn’t. The app is free though and mimics the Windows 10 interface quite nicely. It feels like a built-in app and a part of the OS instead of a third-party app.
You can set the app to change your desktop and/or lockscreen wallpaper to a single Bing or Windows Spotlight image. You can also set it to change your wallpaper automatically with new Bing and Windows Spotlight images. There’s not much to the app outside of these two sources. You can set a region for Bing, preview both Bing and Windows Spotlight images before applying, automatically save them to your PC and also set a time interval.
4. Wallpaper Studio 10
If you’ve used wallpaper apps on Android, you were probably expecting an app with a huge collection of wallpapers neatly put into categories. So far we haven’t given you that but Wallpaper Studio 10 is an app of that kind. It offers wallpapers in various categories like abstract, car, funny, life, nature, quotes, sports, etc.
Mac Dynamic Desktop Download
There are thousands of wallpapers to choose from and you can also have the app automatically change your desktop and/or lockscreen wallpapers at set intervals. The app brings you a great community and you can also upload your own wallpapers to share with the world. The downside is the intrusive and annoying ads but you can get rid of them for $1.35. This is one of the best wallpaper apps for Windows 10 that you can enjoy now.
Mac Dynamic Wallpaper Free Downloads
5. Splash! – Unsplash Wallpaper App
Splash! – Unsplash Wallpaper is an unofficial Unsplash client for Windows 10. For those unaware, Unsplash is an increasingly popular source of high-quality images that users have started using as wallpapers, hence the increasing popularity. Splash!, as you can now guess, offers you these high-quality images as wallpapers without having to browse through the website.
Free Wallpapers For Mac Desktop
The app is extremely simple to use and you can get started right away once it is installed. When you launch it, your desktop wallpaper changes automatically. By default, the app will keep changing your desktop wallpaper at 1-hour intervals but you can change that and more in the settings. You can also simply click on the app to switch to the next wallpaper and there’s an endless supply of those. The wallpapers are automatically saved to your PC as well. If you want to change the dark and light themes on your Windows 10 computer on a scheduled time, you can do that with Auto Night Mode.