2020-09-10 17:49:38 • Filed to: macOS 10.14 • Proven solutions
Current Version: 5.6.4 Release Date: 9/9/2020 File Size: 202 MB Platforms: Mac OS 10.11 or higher. Download free advanced text editors for MAC. JEdit – MAC Text Editor jEdit is a mature programmer’s text editor with hundreds (counting the time developing plugins) of person-years of development behind it.
- Sublime Text may be downloaded and evaluated for free, however a license must be purchasedfor continued use. There is currently no enforced time limit for the evaluation.
- A text editor is at the core of a developer’s toolbox, but it doesn't usually work alone. Work with Git and GitHub directly from Atom with the GitHub package. Create new branches, stage and commit, push and pull, resolve merge conflicts, view pull requests and more—all from within your editor.
- Download Audacity, the free audio editor. Use free Audacity software to record and edit sound on windows, mac and linux.
From a general perspective, while looking at text editors for macOS 10.14, we are not specifically referring to the text as we have it in the document text. A large chunk of text editors on the market, particularly those that offer greater capabilities, will turn out to also come with extremely robust features for code compiling. This is where their true potential lies. Today, we will look at 10 best free text editors on macOS 10.14.
Top 10 Free Text Editors for macOS 10.14
This is a free text editor macOS 10.14 that is open source and maintained by Adobe Systems — one of the major companies in the industry. One of the outstanding features of Brackets is its beautiful interface. Its unique Extract offering lets you grab font, gradients measurements, and so on from a PSD file into a CSS that is clean and ready for use on the web.
- It comes with extension support which contains a huge and growing library
- Brackets have inline editors and previews
- It is slow
- Brackets still do not have certain elementary text editor commands
- Its updater is problematic
Developed by Bare Bones, TextWrangler is another best text editor on macOS 10.14. This tool can be regarded as a lightweight version of BBEdit, also designed by Bare Bones. It has all the features needed by hardcore developers to carry out operations in specific columns in a CSV, or in a server admin for scriptwriting.
- It offers basic text editing as well as manipulations
- TextWrangler is a free yet ideal alternative to BBEdit
- It has an inbuilt FTP or STFP browser
- It is robust and fast to start up
- It isn’t maintained any longer
This software is a command line-based text editor for macOS 10.14. One of the most renowned text editors on the market, Vim does not have a steep learning curve. It features a stack of documentation that assists a user in learning how to use the app conveniently. Vim is designed with a quick reference, help documents, along with a tutorial that runs for 30 minutes to get you acquainted with it.
- It has capabilities and features for command-based text editing
- It is easy to use
- Vim requires great effort to customize
- It offers poor support for external tooling
4. Komodo Edit
It is an open-source text editor on macOS 10.14 that is free and offers a powerful user interface. Komodo Edit is a fantastic tool for writing code and carrying out other operations. The software provides many useful tools, which help you edit, like the capacity of tracking changes, multiple sections, autocomplete, and skin and icon sets.
- It is an extremely professional and comprehensive tool
- It has inbuilt FTP
- Free and open-source, Komodo Edit supports a limited Vim mode
- It isn’t very lightweight
- It includes project files to project code
5. Sublime Text
Though this app is a commercial text editor to create text file macOS 10.14, it has an evaluation version that can be used for an unlimited period; this makes it free in reality. Sublime Text features a Python Application Programming Interface and allows multiple languages. Furthermore, the software’s capabilities can be enhanced with the aid of plugins, which are often developed by communities and offered via free software licenses.
- Sublime Text comes with an easy-to-use interface
- There are 22 different themes you can select from
- It has a distraction-free mode, consisting of placing only the text in your screen
- It does not allow printing of files
- Sublime Text 10.14 has inadequate language support
- It takes time to load large files on Windows
- It allows multi-tabbed editing, multiple panes, and auto-completion
- The software offers a user interface that is friendly
- It does not have text UI
- It is extremely slow to start-up
Pdf Editor Mac Free Download
TextMate basically employs the extremely robust capabilities of the UNIX command console in a user-friendly and neat GUI. This provides you with the best of the two worlds — as a committed programmer or a beginner code user. TextMate integrates features such as auto-indentation, search and replace within the project, dynamic outlines, column selection, among others.
- The program features an extensive library of plugins
- It is free and open-source
8. GNU Emacs
Emacs, first launched in 1976, is popular for its unique techniques for getting the job done. It employs a programming language called Emacs-Lisp, which has the most fundamental functions of editing for expanding the capabilities of the program beyond its humble text-based origin. Some of these expansions are an email client, file manager, newsreader as well as games such as Tetris and Snake.
- It can be entirely controlled using the keyboard
- It lets you debug, manage files, and compile
- It has a long learning curve
- Its extensibility can, occasionally, be a source of distraction to your work
9. Visual Studio Code
Compared to other text editing apps, this software is a newcomer. It is a lightweight text and script editor that, along with many other spectacular features, comes with a dark theme. If you do not like text editors like Vim and Emacs, Visual Studio Code is a perfect alternative.
- It has a lot of plugins for enhancing its functionality
- The software features integrated Git control, data integrity, and support for distributed and non-linear workflows
Mac Text Editor Free Downloads
- Its autocomplete, as well as code check offerings, aren’t as robust as those of WebStorm
- Visual Studio Code has a terrible auto import
Developed by IDM Computer Solutions, UltraEdit is a great program that works with remote files perfectly. It isn’t only fast but also stable and easy to use. It handles big files efficiently of sizes over 1GB. UltraEdit comes with an array of features that help you in carrying out operations such as highlighting of syntax, sorting of file or data, editing of column or block, and so on. The software also supports SSH/telnet.
- UltraEdit works very well with large files
- It is easy to use and fast
- The themes that were released in version 20 had an adverse effect on specific aspects of syntax coloring
Best Free All-in-One PDF Editor for macOS 10.14
PDFelement is an all-in-one PDF File Management program for macOS 10.14 with versatile tools for editing documents in Portable Document Format. This is the best app for you to carry out operations like editing, cutting, copying, pasting, and deleting PDF files. It also helps you include text and pictures in PDF documents. PDFelement allows you to modify font attributes like size type and style.
Mp3 Editor Mac Free
- PDFelement for Mac lets you insert, remove and update custom watermarks as well as backgrounds
- You can use the app for inserting, updating or removing headers as well as footers
- This software is an excellent annotator and document converter
- It helps you insert as well as edit hyperlinks
- The program allows you to generate and manage library containing pre-built and custom stamps
- You can use PDFelement for Mac to create and edit fillable PDF forms
- It lets you fill PDF forms
- The software offers support to create, edit, and include digital signature on documents in PDF
Free Download or Buy PDFelement right now!
Free Download or Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!