Save video from the web
X 64-bit Download - the best 64-bit software downloads - x64-bit download - freeware, shareware and software downloads.
- Music Tag is another MP3 tag downloader software on this list. It is a dedicated software for finding missing information of a music track. For this, it provides a dedicated button on its toolbar named “Download Missing Info“.On clicking this button, you can view missing metadata tags of a song.
- Kid3 Tag Editor. Audio Tag Editor. Kid3 audio tag editor can edit the tags of MP3, Ogg, FLAC, MPC &.
- Download the latest version of Tagger for Mac - Auto-tags audio files. Read 14 user reviews of Tagger on MacUpdate.
Finding free music online and saving it on your Mac it is not as easy as it should be. While there are plenty of artists who’d love you to hear their music and who are happy for you to download it for free, the process of finding and then downloading it can be a bit of a pain.
Even if you know where to go looking (and we’ll help you with that in a minute), saving lots of individual tracks in a web browser one by one can be a slow and frustrating process. That’s where a smart music downloader can help.
Best music downloaders for Mac
Get a huge set of top music download apps for macOS. Best utilities in one pack, give it a go!
Where to get free music to download
There are of course, lots of places on the internet where you can find free music to download. But many of those places link to tracks which included cracked files or music the copyright owner hasn’t given permission to share.
It’s important that when you go looking for free mp3, you only use sources that have permission to share that music.
Here are a few places where you can find free music to download legally:
- Jamendo. All the music on Jamendo has been made available by the artists on a Creative Commons licence. That means that, while they retain the rights to the music, they’ve agreed to allow it to be saved to your Mac for free.
- Soundcloud. It's a hugely popular site where amateur and professional musicians, and some well-known names, share music. Not all of it is available to download for free, and you’ll need to create an account. But there are some real gems to be found.
- Last.fm. It's another hugely popular site that, among its discovery and sharing features, also allows you to save music tracks for free.
How to download music online
Is it legal to download music for free? Yes, as long as the copyright owner consents. On all of the sites listed above, the rights owner has consented to allow their music to be downloaded.
There is a number of both paid and free tools that help download free music. Based on your requirements, decide on the functionality of a downloader you’re searching: Should it cover video and torrent as well? Batch downloads? Scheduling?
Here are the key features of music downloader we recommend you pay attention to:
- Control the speed of downloads. For instance, Folx splits large files into multiple threads, so they download more quickly.
- Schedule downloads so they only take place at times they won’t place too many demands on your computer.
- Video and torrents covered. You can get a one-stop downloader for capturing different types of media on your Mac.
- Tag downloads to easily find them later.
Get the best music downloader
Setapp offers a number of music and video downloaders in one package – so you can toggle between different features and interfaces or pick one tool that perfectly covers your needs. Once you install Setapp, click on its icon in the menu bar and search for downloaders there. You’ll be suggested Elmedia Player, AnyTrans, Folx, and Downie. On the selected app, click Install and wait for it to travel to your Mac. Double-click to launch the app.
Here’s the quick overview of each of them:
- Folx: Combines functionality of a download manager and torrent client. This is the best option for capturing large media files, while the app splits downloads in up to 20 streams.
- Elmedia Player: A great alternative to Apple’s native media player – QuickTime, with an in-built media downloader.
- Downie: Video and audio downloader that’s based on superb drag and drop functionality.
- AnyTrans: A file transferring solution and a media downloader that works with iOS and macOS devices.
- Pulltube: A universal media downloader that lets you instantly adjust the length of your video and music tracks.
Add the link to the track you want
Once you’ve found a track you want to save, copy the link. To do that, you’ll need to identify the download link on the site – it will usually be an icon with a downward arrow in it. Don’t click it, instead right-click or Control-click it. From the menu that appears, click Copy Link.
If you use Folx, paste the link with ⌘+V keyboard shortcut. Or the main Folx window, press the ‘+’ button next to the text bar at the top of the window. You should see that the box at the top of the window that opens already has the URL you copied in it. If not, paste it where it says ‘Add URL here.’ To download music from YouTube, select Audio in Quality.
It’s pretty similar with Downie – with the exception that you have to drag the link onto the app icon. To extract music from video, navigate to Settings > Extract Audio Only. From there, you can also customize the quality of output files, convert to mp4, or send to Permute – a universal media converter.
Choose where your music are stored
Once you’ve added the link, choose where you want to save it to. If you’re happy to leave the destination at its default, great. If not, you can change it as you like in any app. In Elmedia Player and Downie, open Preferences > General > Put new downloads in/Save files to folder. For those using Folx, you can also customize app’s behavior upon completing a download – quit, sleep, shutdown, or do nothing.
In case you want to move your audio collections across devices, you can do so with AnyTrans for iOS. A handy file transferring app with an in-built media downloader, it helps you flexibly manage downloads – transfer from iPhone to Mac, integrate with iTunes, or copy to any iOS device.
Choose when to download tracks
Downie and Folx have scheduling features, so you can choose when the downloads should take place.
To activate delayed queue start in Downie, go to File > Delayed start and select a custom time slot.
In Folx, click on the menu and choose ‘Manual’ or ’Schedule’. If you choose manual, the download will be set up and then paused and displayed in the main Folx window. You can start it at anytime by clicking the icon to the left of its name. If you want to change a download from manual to scheduled or automatic, you can double-click it in the main window and change the setting in the menu.
If you choose to schedule, files will be downloaded according to the schedule you create in Folx Preferences.
Download a song and set it as a ringtone
If you can’t stand your default phone ringtone anymore, there’s a solution. You can grab any of your favorite songs from the web and transform it into a custom ringtone with Pulltube app.
You can download music to Pulltube by simply dragging the link into the app window, or saving via a browser extension. After you download your file, click on the scissors button below it and enter the Trimming Mode. In the pop-up window, you’ll be able to play the audio and adjust the length of your ringtone. Once you’re ready, hit Trim and save the ringtone.
Create a download schedule
If you want to plan multiple downloads, Folx is there to help. Open Preferences from the Folx menu and click on ‘Scheduler’. Now click on the time slots where you want downloading to take place. When the box changes color, click on it twice so it turns bright green. Scheduled downloads will now take place at that time.
Once you’ve scheduled, think whether there are any other settings you want to twick. If you use Folx, you can select the number of threads into which you want to split the download. The default is two and for most music files that will be fine. If the file you’re downloading is particularly large, you might want to select a higher number.
Elmedia Player has robust customization options for audio – for instance, you can select audio device and the number of playback channels.
Authenticate if it’s required
If the website needs a username and password, click Authenticate. Click ‘Saved Passwords’ and then ‘Add.’ Choose ‘HTTP or FTP password’ and type in the URL of the login page, your username and your password in the next window that opens. Click Ok.
You’re all set. You can now download free music using Folx from any website that makes it available.
Most of the music you find will be MP3 files, which can be played on your Mac. If the files are in a format that won’t run on your Mac, you can use Permute to convert media.
You’re all set. You can capture and manage free music downloads using a Mac app that suits your flow.
Meantime, prepare for all the awesome things you can do with Setapp.Read on
If you are a music lover and have numerous music tracks stored in your music folder, it becomes necessary to add important metadata to the files in order to make them identifiable while they are being played by a music player application, or any other physical music system.
Such metadata that is added to the music files is called ID3 tags. The ID3 tags make the files identifiable, which also becomes useful while clustering the files, i.e. when arranging the tracks on the basis of a particular criteria such as album, artist name, etc.
Nowadays ID3 v2.4 is mostly used because of its advanced features and increased number of supported file formats, and the applications that help you manage the ID3 tags of the music files are called ID3 tag editors or id3 taggers for short.
A few ID3 tag editors that you can use on Mac OS X El Capitan are listed below:
01 – MusicBrainz Picard
MusicBrainz Picard is a free id3 tag editor that can be downloaded from its official website. In addition to allowing the end-users to add ID3 tags to the music files, the program also allows them to organize and manage the file clustering.
• Performs online search for correct ID3 tags for the files and adds them accordingly using the acoustic fingerprinting technology.
• Allows manual ID3 tag addition/editing to the files.
• Enables file clustering.
• The program is free.
• Understanding the interface of the application might be challenging for the new users, and they may have to refer to its user manual for assistance.
02 – iSkysoft Audio Recorder for Mac
Mainly an audio recorder and editor, iSkysoft Audio Recorder for Mac allows you to add and edit id3 tags of the audio files as well. Simply put, with iSkysoft Audio Recorder, you can record audio, get the audio recorded from the Internet, and can also manage the ID3 tags for the files.
• An efficient multipurpose application for audio recording and ID3 tag editing on Mac OS X El Capitan.
• Can record audio from various online streaming sites such as iTunes Radio, Yahoo Music, etc.
• Capable of recording audio from online streaming video websites such as YouTube, etc.
• Available for both Mac and Windows platforms.
• iSkysoft Audio Recorder for Mac comes with a pricetag.
• Many advanced ID3 tagging features are not present in iSkysoft Audio Recorder as id3 tagger is its built-in tool.
03 – id3 editor
(Download URL:http://www.pa-software.com/release/download.php?nm&prod=BC3B2E3A )
Developed by Pa-software, id3 editor is available for both Mac and Windows platform. With the ability to support MP3 and AIFF file types, id3 editor allows you to manage ID3 tags in these types of files from a single-windowed interface.
• Offers Command Line Interface (CLI) that can be used to write scripts for batch editing.
• Allows you to mark the music files as copyrighted.
• You can add lyrics to your favorite tracks.
• Allows group editing that saves time when the information is to be added or edited to multiple files.
• Both Mac and Windows versions of id3 editor come with a pricetag.
04 – Kid3 for Mac
Yet another efficient open source audio file tag editor , Kid3 – audio tagger supports several file formats including FLAC, MP3, OGG, AAC, MP4, MP2, etc. and allows you to add, edit, and convert from version 1 to v2, v2.3, and v2.4 ID3 tags with ease.
• Kid3 is an open source program for Mac, Windows, and Linux and is free to use.
• Allows bulk tagging.
• Automatically manages the upper and lower cases of the tags whenever and wherever needed.
• Can generate filenames from tags and vice-versa.
• With too many options and fields to work on, the interface sometimes looks messy.
05 – MetaBliss
MetaBliss, like many of its competitors, is a full-fledged id3 tag editor but with a few advancements such as better UI and easy-to-understand interface. With the ability to manage ID3 tags of the files comparatively easily, MetaBliss can help you save your decent amount of time.
• Has row-like alignment of the added files to manage their ID3 tags.
• Easy adding and removing the tag fields by checking or unchecking the corresponding checkboxes.
• Has integrated find and replace feature for bulk editing.
• Has straightforward user interface.
• The MetaBliss is a shareware and must be purchased to use all its features at full.
06 – Wondershare TunesGo for Mac
An efficient product by Wondershare and probably the best among its competitors, TunesGo is a full-fledged id3 tagger that also allows you to transfer your music files from one device to another without losing any data or quality.
4,088,454 people have downloaded it
• Wondershare TunesGo can work in compliance with iTunes.
• Allows you to import files from your iTunes library.
• Identifies and removes duplicate tracks from your music library.
• Allows you to fix incorrect ID3 tags and populate the tag fields with the correct values.
• Wondershare TunesGo comes with a price tag.
07 – Audacity for Mac
Even though Audacity is mainly used as an efficient voice recorder, it has an integrated id3 tag editor that helps you add, edit, and manage ID3 tags for the audio files. Because the application itself supports several audio file formats, its built-in id3 tag editor can manage the tags of all the supported file types as well.
• Audacity is a freeware.
• Available for both Mac and Windows platforms.
• Supports various file formats.
• Allows you to add the ID3 tags to the recorded files as well.
• The program has a complicated interface that may be hard to understand, especially for the new users.
• Since the id3 tag editor is an integrated feature of the application, it doesn’t have some advanced ID3 tagging features that other, full-fledged id3 taggers do.
ID3 tags are an important aspect of the music files, and managing them correctly becomes equally important when it comes to organizing your music library and synchronizing the music files with other devices.